Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday swim

In my next post, I will discuss my swim stroke and the suggestions made by Coach Alessio and Coach Matt and some of the realizations of single sport training and mentality versus multisport.
Today was a relatively tough day, not as tough as yesterday but still demanding. Our focus was on the backstroke. I still working improving my freestyle because it is the main stroke, if not only stroke used in triathlons but if you get tired, the breast stroke or the backstroke is better than stopping.

So today's focus was backstroke.

200 warm-up
8x75 (25 freestyle (last 5 sprint), 25 backstroke, 25 freestyle) - I can't remember the time.
50 easy
8x50 alternating arms
8x25 choice of swim except freestyle
100 cool down

During the 8x75, I was winded, thought I would have heart attack and not to mention that I am not used to swimming the backstroke and had a constant fear of hitting my head on the wall at the end. Yes...I know that the flags on the ceiling are a guide but I have this image of hitting the wall, blood everywhere and drowning...not a good thought during a swim.

During the "choice" set, I chose to do the breast stroke...i need to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment