Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday swim...you are not going to die.

Since Alessio was easy on us on Monday, I think he decided to make up for it today:

  • 100 easy warmup
  • 25-fly- in 45 second
  • 50-backstroke in 1:15
  • 75- breastroke in 1:45
  • 100-freestyle in 2:00
  • 75- breastroke in 1:45
  • 50-backstroke in 1:15
  • 25-fly- in 45 second
  • 100 - freestyle easy
  • 8x50 (2x50 catch up with pull, 2x50 fingertip, repeat)
  • 100 easy freestyle
  • 8x25 in 30 seconds *
  • 100 easy free
  • 8x50 free

* At this point, I was thinking " my God, I may have a heart attack and die." When we finished, Alessio was of saying.."no you will not die.." At least others felt the same way.

Recently, whether or not it has to do with changing my stroke, I have been sucking in a lot of water which in turn has caused me to feel a little panicked in the water. It took me a season and a half and eight races to overcome that...

During practice, Alessio commented that I was not pulling straigh but instead crossing over the center of my body and that I compensate for that by twisting my body. This is different than what I was taught in that I was taught to really pivot my body....another difference between technique between swimmers and triathlon swimmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment