Thursday, March 26, 2009

Run less...run faster

I have been reading this book on running which I have found to be very helpful. Most runners run everyday or every other or even 5x a week. I am not runner...I am not a runner so training for the run using the various triathlon training guide has always been appealing because I don't necessarily have to run more than 3 times per week. As you get closer to the key races, you may have to a brick (bike/run combo or run/bike combo) but if the focus is on the bike, the run should be relatively easy.


Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster: Become a Faster, Stronger Runner with the Revolutionary FIRST Training Program






I think the book could have been cut in half because of all the testimonials from runners who have read the book. The training sets are actually very helpful and work well with triathlon training because the focus is doing 3 key runs per week: 1-interval, 1-tempo and 1-long run with cross training such as swimming or cycling on the other days.


For those of you who are starting to run or would like to improve your times, I think the book is very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment