Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monday Swim...late to report

As I mentioned before, life gets in the way of life so this is the only free time I have to write about my training.

Yesterday morning, Alessio was suprisingly easy on us. Whether or not it had to do with it being St. Patrick's Day weekend or a weekend of our team party...who knows...we are just grateful.

  • 200 freestyle easy
  • 6x (75-freestyle, 75 (25-butterfly, 25-back, 25-breastroke)
  • 100 freestyle easy
  • 6x50 (50-catch up w/pull buoy, 50-catch up hard kick, 50 - any stroke, hard kick)
  • 6x50 w/kickboard
  • 100 free, easy

My stroke needs work, especially in my pull and when I enter the water. Coach Alessio has suggested that I do the fingertip drag in order to improve entering the water. Also, during my pull, I would normally, bend ath teh wrist and elbow, but I have since changed it to just pull straight down. I have seen my times improve as well as my power. I was losing power bending at the wrist and and elbows, so their instruction has been very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment