Friday, March 27, 2009

Superstitions

You hear of athletes being superstitious (i.e. not shaving, wearing the same underwear throughout the playoffs) ....superstitions are common amongst Filipinos...and for my Catholic brethren...yes, I know it isn't right. I was about to run and I remembered that I forgot to shave...it started out that I would eat before I ran and needed time for my stomach to settle, so I complete all my morning routines while I waited. Unfortunately, it may have developed to a superstition that I need to shave before I do my training/workouts.

I remember as a kid playing in little league that I couldn't hit the ball unless I was chewing gum. We had a big game at Thillens Park..which was a big deal and I forgot my gum and my cup. I didn't get one hit that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment