Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Swim...

Today Allessio was nice to us...he didn't beat us like he normally does. As you have read in the past posts he would not only make us swim many laps, his sessions would also make us feel that we are on the brink of cardiac arrest. Today, he skipped the former and focused on just making us feel like we were going to die not of fatigue but of cardiac arrest.

100 easy freestyle
8x50 at 1:00 (3x50-freestyle, 1x50-bacstroke, 3x50-freestyle, 1x25-choice)
50 easy freestyle
6x25 at :30 (pull buoy and catch up) *
50 easy freestyle
4x75 at 2:00**
4x50 at 1:15
100 easy freestyle

* he said that this was a warm up for our VO2 Max - I was like...I thought this WAS the VO2 Max set

** the first one was ok...the rest...omg...I thought I was going to have a heart attack and add to it I was sucking in water didnt make for a pleasant swim.

Note that he did grace us by joining swimming with us today...he is pretty amazing. Since I was the last in my lane...he would catch up to me, but it made me swim faster.

He and Kira (really fast person on the team) raced a 25 breastroke...When Alessio kicked off the wall...he dolphine kicked for 3/4 of length of the pool, then took two strokes and beat Kira...amazing....someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment