Friday, May 8, 2009

Wednesday...Bike...112 miles, are you kidding me

The weather was ok, a little chilly or maybe I am more sensitive to the cold this year. During this ride, I wore:

1. Tri shoes - later I will explain the difference between road and tri shoes
2. Shoe booties - I was going to wear the toe warmers but opted for the whole bootie
3. Bib shorts
4. Short Sleeve Jersey
5. Arm warmers
6. Helmet
7. Glasses.

As I mentioned above, I will go into more detail about some of these these items that people don't normally wear such as the arm or leg warmers and booties.

Today was a relatively short ride - 25 miles. Some may say that it's not short but that depends on the distance you are racing. For a spring race (13m bike), it is long but for the Iroman (112m), it is a warm up.

During the ride I was focusing on the correct pedal stroke but I remembered that I still need to get fitted for the bike. Also, I need to purchase new cleats for my shoe. Currently, I ride a Look Keo pedal with the grey cleats. The grey cleats allows me to move within the pedal something like 5 degrees. Since I have horrible feet and use wedges in my cleat, I think have no movement is better.

During the second half of the ride...I call it the second half because once I get to the Botanic Gardens, it's time to go back, I was thinking to myself "how the hell am I going to complete 112 when I am tired after 13?"

No comments:

Post a Comment