Monday, May 18, 2009

Driving down to Indy...

I drove to Indy on Friday night and actually drove through a tornado. Yes..I did...For those of you who remember, my friend Rob and I were driving to Terre Haute for a triathlon and it started to rain...pour...and the winds were extremely strong. We realized that a tornado had touched down a few miles of where we were. On Friday night, the conditions were very similar and when I stopped to get gas, the attendant told me that that a tornado had touched down 4 miles away near the Subaru plant.
Rob was very happy that I arrived in Indy not only because of the tornado but because I have tendency to arrive the day before a race after midnight and we end up having only 3 hours of sleep. This time, I arrived at 10:30, we drove the course and we were in bed by midnight.
For whatever reason, I couldn’t fall asleep and felt like closed my eyes and the next thing, I heard was my alarm going off.

No comments:

Post a Comment