Monday, April 27, 2009

Saturday Swim Meet

Last Saturday, we had a swim meet and like the previous swim meet, I chose to compete in three events:

200 yd. freestyle
50 yd. freestyle
100 yd. freestyle

Two words will describe the meet...."I choked..."

I didn't start out very confident to begin with. Last time, I didn't think there was a 200 event so, I didn't worry about it and just swam. This time, I thought and thought about the 200 and maybe siked myself out of it.

I remember starting the 200 and looking to my right and seeing Gina. I tried to keep up with her and even move past her but that wasn't smart during the first 25 of a 200. Add to that that I was in an end lane and the "waves" are stronger, especially after they hit the wall. After the first 75, I became tired and started to swallow water and panick...I didn't finish the 200...it was more like a 150.

It was downhill after that. I was tired and psychologically defeated that I was not into either the 100 and 50.

There is always next month...we are swimming against University of Chicago Masters Swim Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment