Saturday, April 11, 2009

A different type of injury

I apologize for not blogging this past week. It has been a really rough week which has caused me to question whether or not I want to continue not only blogging about my training but whether I will race any of my races this year or just sit home get up late and eat Dairy Queen every day. As I have mentioned time and time again, sometimes life gets in the way of life.

Emotional issues tend to have a far greater effect on the mind and body than physical issues. I seemed to have lost the desire to wake early, swim or pretty much do anything. Despite those feelings, I managed to complete a 4 mile run. I think I did it as way to beat myself up or beat out my ill feelings. Also, i swam 3 times, however each time, I felt as if I was about to panic. Many times, while swimming, I wanted to get out and quit.

Last year, I was injured during the beginning of the season which although lacking the ability to complete a run left the burning desire to run that when I returned to running, I was more dedicated and intense. When the inability to complete any kind of training is a result of emotional or psychological reasons, I think the harm is worse.

I have tried to refocus my efforts into training and hopefully by next week, I will return to the same intensity and desire that has lead me to get this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment